Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A/W Collection 2011: Dior

I love the ruffled silk skirt with
 the velvet fur jacket.
Oh Dior... how I love you so. Despite the controversy surrounding the whole antisemitism/Galliano affair, Dior brought a strong collection that will definitely play a major role in defining the trends of A/W 2011 (in my wardrobe, at least). Velvet, velvet, velvet was everywhere on the Dior runway with a very wintery palette of burgundy, green, brown, and black. But it was not only velvet that was on display, ruffles of silk with stripes of fur as models undulated on the catwalk with snakeskin boots. If you want to rock the Dior look, the keywords I wrote down were rich velvet, fur, snakeskin boots, and olive and burgundy palette, and pleated skirts.


This look reminds me of Matthew Williamson as it is very boho... it also seems very summery for A/W... I still love it though.
I absolutely love this coat. Note the burgundy socks with the boots... I think the burgundy and black compliment each other very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment