Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A/W 2011 Collection: Versace



I thought nothing could beat Matthew Williamson's A/W 2011 collection, but then I laid eyes on the Versace collection. Known for ostentatious clothing and Medusa heads, the collection was incredibly classy with the Medusa heads on the buttons of the coats. Dresses had unusual cuts that flattered the curves of models, especially with the colour details. Black and white dresses contrasted with bright yellow and purple flowers, and the coats were cinched at the waist with belts, as well as being detailed with furs or made with velvet- looking expensive and luxurious. When it comes to unadulterated luxury, Versace once again proves it to be leading the pack.


The bright purple and yellow pops
against the white background.

The cut of this dress is so
unusual and uber flattering.



There were a lot of black dresses
 in the collection, but they all had
different designs and cuts to them.

I love the flower detail on
this monochrome dress.

I'm not too sure
about the fur.

I love the fit on the dress- it really emphasizes the waist.
 

I love the velvet
 and the belt.
I love the cut detail on the bustier and the feathers.
However, this dress reminds me a bit too much of Big Bird.
                                                              
This dress is so stunning and elegant.
The gold detail just makes it even more classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment