Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Review of A/W 2011 Collection: Balenciaga


Geometric lines are also
 a big trend this winter.

This was the only really
colourful outfit in
 the collection
I haven't done a review of any designer collections in a while, and as they start to hit the shops, I thought it was apt to do another review, and this time I chose the Spanish fashion house, Balenciaga. Last season Balenciage rocked the biker punk look, but creative director Nicolas Ghesquire decided to go the complete opppsite with a softer more feminine look this A/W.Tweed jackets over floral-print dresses and large collars were the order of the day. I particularly liked the sheer and velvet panel jackets and there was a lot of fishnet in the form of jackets and blouses. It's a new take on fishnet and is also a reference to the S&M trend that has been taking over fashion this winter. However, the softness was given a edgy rockish look with leather jackets and the main palette being black. However, although I have a lot of black in my wardrobe, I felt like the Balenciaga collection could use with a bit more colour in it... there was so much black to the point I felt it looked too drab.




If you like this, check out my review of the Valentino collection! There is also a review of the Miu Miu collection! And my favourite, Versace ;)

1 comment:

  1. RayBan サングラスの最初のレイバン aviatorは1937年に誕生しました。レイバン サングラスの本格的なスタイルはこれまで少しも変わりません。見掛けはその古典的な涙の滴り状を保留しました。伝統的なデザインに対し、革新したデザインを持つレイバン wayfarerはもっと魅力的だと思われます。

    ReplyDelete