Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Marni for H&M


Marni, known for bold prints and a bohemian/vintage yet feminine edge, has as many of you probably already know, has collaborated with H&M for spring. As other collaborative collections have done before it, the Marni for H&M collection has sold out, as the clothes have all the features typical to Marni, without the price tag. However, despite its massive sell-out, I'm not really sure how much I would buy just because it's a collaboration with Marni. I would describe my style as very bohemian and feminine, and I'm not one to shy away from bold prints, but although there are some gorgeous pieces, my feelings towards the collection are quite mixed.



This is really retro and sixties but I just don't like it.
Knitted and patent just don't work for me, and the
fact that it is patent leather just makes me feel like it
looks quite plastic and cheap. Which at £99.99 is not
a look you're going for.

I really cannot stand this cardigan.
Cardigans shouldn't have zips at
the front- it makes it look like it
doesn't know whether or not it wants
to be a knit or a jacket. The stripes as
well don't do it for me- I don't they would
be very flattering as well as the frills are too showy
and are not flattering on any bust.

Personally, this isn't really my kind
of look, but again, African prints are
really in right now, and I could see it
working well with skinny jeans and
nice pair of tan leather heels, but I
would prefer a print like this having
sleeves and chiffon.
 
H&M describes this bag as having straw-look fabric
with leather details, and I must admit,
I do think it would bring a spark of
colour into an outfit.
It is very African, which is very on
 trend this season, and the design of i
t and how spacious it is makes it perfect
 for the office and a day-time look.




I absolutely love these leather heels
with a wooden heel. I think
 they look worth much more
 than the £69.99 they are
selling for. Perfect for the
day and night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment