Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bag of the Week: The Dolce

Everyone has been talking about Mulberry's Del Rey bag, and although the bag inspired by Lana del Rey is an obvious classic, another contender for this summer's ultimate bag is equally as stunning, if not more so. The bag in question is The Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana.


I love the straw feel to the bag and in the picture above as well as when you look at the bag from afar, the bag looks quite similar to the Prada Madras bag.



The website describes the bag as representing the duality of a woman as the name Dolce illustrates the sweetness of a woman (the name conjures up an image of a sensuous confident woman to me) whilst the clasp symbolizes her innate strength.




I personally prefer the classic design of the bag rather than the leather straw design. I love the colours but it would be great to see a summer range of them such as in turquoise. My dream Dolce would be the classic design above but with thise season's aubergine print (you can see it as the border for the black bag).

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous classic bag, you can imagine that literally working with anything + lasting years!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! It's such an investment piece! I really wish I could get it... in every colour! Right now it's on my fantasy shopping list haha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete