Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Miu Miu A/W 2012 Collection

If there was a phrase I would assign to the Miu Miu collection, it would most definitely be 'suit up'. The sleek straight-leg trousers with matching tailored jackets with a palette of metallic greens and reds as well as prints that were quite Seventies were very striking whilst emphasizing the jewelled eye makeup. The suits were quite androgynous, however, the mosaic print of the shirts and the silk look and feel of the outfits gave it a feminine feel as well as making it feel quite psychedelic. However, I am unsure about the brown suede coats as I felt they lacked shape and could be quite unflattering on some figures. However, considering I am not one that is very big on suits, the slick metallic and dazzling colours and geometric mosaic prints made me wish I could get my hands on a suit in every colour.




Purple is my favourite colour and I love the pinstripe,
metallic print of this suit. Although
it does remind me of Willy Wonka
 for some strange reason!



I am unsure about the suede coat in terms
of how flattering it would be. I prefer the cinched in
at the waist coats of other designers.

Everytime I see this, I keep on thinking
of Watson from Sherlock Holmes! But I
absolutely love it and would team it with
skinny jeans or for a more daring and
uber-trendy outfit, I would pair it with
pinstripe straight-leg trousers.

This suit is uber-Seventies
and I just love it!

This is very similar to the
doily print featured in some dresses
and coats from the Alexander McQueen
collection.




This dress has an unsual
futuristic feel to it compared
to the other Seventies-inspired outfits.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the whole 70's feel going on in the collection. Also the fact that the pieces look so easy to mix and match with casual day wear wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words can't describe how much I love this collection! I would love to get my hands on just one suit. You're right- you could really mix and match it for any occasion. One of the jackets could make a really colourful addition to an outfit when paired with skinny jeans and a plain top.

    xx
    Alix
    http://simonsayssomethingstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete